Okay, no photo's again. Bad mom-mom. BUT, a very funny story. Here goes: So, I was having a sucky day and couldn't do much, so my wonderful husband decided to spend the day with Dallin and do the stuff I normally do each day. :-)
They went to lunch, ran errands and went shopping (Dallin's favorite past-time thanks to mom-mom). They are going through the store looking at this and that, Dallin makes a beeline for the toy department and finds, as usual, cars. This time they must have been construction vehicles of some sort or the other? Scott let him carry them around the store while they were shopping (I let him do this too) and got a few things.
Dallin and Scott return home, unload the car and Dallin takes a nap. Dallin awakes from his nap and the first thing he says is where are my construction cars? Let's go find them. He has this habit of showing however wasn't with him while purchasing the item, he has to show them his new toy whatever it is... normally cars. I cannot tell you how many cars we have, its mind boggling. Back to the story.... Dallin is walking around saying "where are construction cars?" I can't find them anywhere. I ask Scott what was Dallin talking about, well.... Sneaky daddy didn't bring him SAID CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES. Oh my goodness daddy, not they way to do it. Scott thought, eh he has a ton of cars we don't need these, he has ones that are very similar. I'll just leave them in the store while he isn't looking. HA HA HA HA Well, all night long... where are my cars?!?!
So, Dallin is glad mom-mom is feeling better. If he takes a nap, when he wakes up he knows he has cars (I'm a big pushover!). I am getting better though, its not five cars anymore, every day. I've talked to him and tried to explain to him that these cars cost money, daddy works hard for his money and we don't want to waste it on more cars. If we do decide to get a car, we have to make sure it is one that we don't already have (yea, been there), and doesn't resemble one we have. Then we talk about it in the store... do you want this car or that car. Only one, you pick. He normally tosses both in the cart and says, let's go pay for them. :-) Gotta love that little guy, so much like me! LOL
Love to the daddy for taking good care of our little man, even while slipping the construction vehicles back on the shelf. :-) XOXOXO
cute! the next step is "earning" the car..I used to be able to get my baseboards dusted, and all the other nasty jobs done by my kids if the prize or punishment was right :)
ReplyDelete