This is going to be another short blog. Sorry, we are all still sick over here. Anyhow, I wanted to introduce you to a beautiful, young, talented, smart young lady... My niece, Shanna Florence.
I cannot express to everyone reading this how much I admire this young lady. She has gone through things that no child should ever have to, yet she has emerged in tact and is flourishing. Through her hard work and determination she was able to study in France from January through March of this year. I'm just astounded by this young lady and cannot wait to see what the future holds for her.
When people talk of an old soul, I definitely think of this young lady. She is my sister's daughter, and although we don't see one another that often we still keep in touch via email or facebook.
Here is just an example of what I mean. On her facebook page, her favorite quote is: "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone" - Audrey Hepburn
On her wall she posted this: "1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Okay, here is the shocker... She was born October 30, 1993 and doesn't graduate HIGH SCHOOL until 2011!
So, that's my blog about one of my great nieces!
Love you Shanna.
No comments:
Post a Comment