Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Car Transporter



Today was our Little Gym day again, he loves that place.  We learned how to do back handspring with the help of the instructor.  Then he got to ride the donut, picture a big padded circle with the middle cut out. Well, he climbs on top of the circle and we roll it onto the padded triangle (cheese wedge), and he does a frontwards roll from there.  Boy HOWDY.... This is by far his favorite roll.  LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it.  He kept going back and pushing his way in front of everyone.  Course, mom-mom made him wait his turn then away he went.  Then they brought out the balls and basketball hoop. He normally doesn't even have to jump to toss in the ball he is so tall.  Today, he decided it would be more fun to just put the balls under his tummy and roll around. Gosh, he was laughing so hard!  Every time one ball would pop out he would run and grab another one and do the same thing, over and over.  He had me rolling (literally) on the floor I was laughing so hard.  He never fails to make me smile, he is a character and I love him more than I could ever express in words.  He is just "IT."

Before we hit up the Little Gym we went shopping, another past-time we both enjoy. This time was mostly for craft supplies and lo and behold he finds a HUGE car transporter.  Well, he just ran up to me and said, "look mom-mom, it's the biggest car transporter I've ever seen, let's put in it the cart and take it home."  I tried to explain to him that we can't always have every thing we like, we have to earn them.  So, we decided to take home THE BIGGEST CAR TRANSPORTER EVER for a reward.  Reward you say?  Yep... I'm not beyond bribery at this point.  I told him in order to open up his car transporter and play with all the cars inside he had to sit (only sit), on the big boy potty.  I told him we would wait until daddy got home from work and ask him if that was okay.  He just looked up at me like, yeah, like daddy has a say? All through the Little Gym class he would ask me about his car transporter that was waiting in the car. Even when he got into the car he said, let's open the car transporter.  I reminded him that we had to do what we said, talk to daddy and use the BIG BOY potty.  Again, the look.

We get home and bring in all the stuff that we bought and got him ready for lunch. After lunch all I heard was where's the car transporter? Let's open.  On and on and on. Finally I gave in, but I reminded him he had to sit on the BIG BOY potty.  Nothing but sit on the potty.  So we stripped him down and I placed the car transporter on the counter-top and he still didn't want to go into the bathroom.  Eventually, very slowly and cautiously he walked into the bathroom to grab his car transporter. I told him he couldn't open it without sitting on the Big Boy potty.  He started to walk away whining... I picked him up (I really didn't want to do it this way), and he fought me long and hard, but we finally got him to sit for just a second and I gave into his big brown eyes and look of panic.  He did what was asked of him and he got to open up his car transporter. Boy was that one happy little guy.  He kept saying all afternoon. Look at my big car transporter and then I asked him, you know why you got that? He replied, because I sat on the Big Boy potty! He had this huge smile on his face, I think he finally is over the big hump and isn't as afraid of the Big Boy potty. All afternoon I heard... I sat on the Big Boy potty, the out comes this... I sat on the Poopie Pot!  I said, did daddy tell you that, he must have because I sure have never used that term.  He was a happy clam either way, Big Boy potty or Poopie pot.  :-)

All and all another terrific day with my little love.

P.S. I have yet to figure out the sequence for putting in photo's.  I'm determined to figure this out on my own, so hang with me for just a little while longer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment