Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boogie Days...

WOW, hard to believe its has been almost ONE month since I added anything to this blog. Poor Dallin, it's not because we don't love you, it's just hard to find the time. I know you hear that a lot from us old people. :-(

Anyhow, here we go....

Since the title of this post is Boogie Days, I should clarify its not about dancing. Its about BOOGIES (as Dallin refers to them). What to do when we don't feel so good and don't have much energy? Hmmm... Time to get creative with indoor projects, which means the house is a mess when we are finish. NEED MAID!

Before Dallin got his "boogies" we found these really cool connector toys, sort of like Legos only way better. The name of them escapes me, pretty much everything these days does. The first set we bought was to make a helicopter, way cool. Second set: Airplane. Third Set: Tower. Nah, he isn't spoiled. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA While the instruction say for kids 4 - 7 can make an airplane, helicopter, etc... As I was sitting at the table putting them together, as Dallin patiently waited for me to finish (hurry, hurry, hurry), I got to step TWO! He sat there and started to laugh at me, kid isn't even four yet and finds that my technical abilities are quite funny. I wonder where he got his sense of humor from? Hmmm Needless to say by the time we reached our last project (The Fire Station), I got passed step two and I almost completed the stupid, bleeping, thing until it broke apart! Ah, Daddy, can you fix my Fire Station for me?

So this first one is a menagerie of his train station, tower and bridges (oh and lunch).

This one we decided to build a fort, sorry that I caught him with his eyes closed -- BUT he is smiling. Boogies, fever and all.... Great kid!


Oopsie, mom-mom took off part of my head and forgot to check the red eye button. Oh well... Once again, technical ability is not so great lately.


I have to make sure they go through the tunnels just right, or I get my grumpy face on. He really loved this, took up most of the afternoon playing in his fort. Of course, he had to have me there playing right along with him. I'm cherishing these moments because he has already mastered the phrase "walk away!"

Well, that was the part one of hopefully three of four I will post tonight or tomorrow depending upon time.

Thanks for these lovely memories my little man, you mean the world to your mom-mom and daddy. Binks to the moon and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment