So, no pictures this time. Just a quick note to tell you I haven't forgotten to update my blog.
Here are just a few funnies that Dallin has shared with us over the last week. First, I should probably tell you I went for THREE days, yep you read that right, THREE days with no sleep. So this next story is fairly obvious how zonked I was. I was making myself a salad, I have at least one a day -- good for you! I got my three different types of lettuces all in the bowl, my cherry tomatoes, radishes, carrots, cabbage and cheese (remember I don't anything that has a face) together. Got set to chow down and wanted a drink. Oh, did you know that make Diet Dr. Pepper that is caffeine free? Well, I just found out and this used to be one of my favorite drinks. So, I get a big glass, fill it full of ice, pop the top of the can and pour my first Dr. Pepper in probably more than 15 years..... wait for it.... in to my salad instead of the glass. Yep, I guess I was a little bit tired. All I could do was laugh so hard at myself. I thought I went to all of this trouble for my salad, I don't want to waste it. So, thinking that I had one brain cell left, I decided to rinse out all the Diet Dr. Pepper from my salad. I thought for sure that would do it. You have never seen anyone spit out lettuce as fast as I did. Needless to say, I haven't had a Diet Dr. Pepper since then. ICK -- I highly don't recommend Diet Dr. Pepper as a salad dressing. Double ick, I can still taste it.
On to one other story and that will be all (I'm sure you are all thrilled), for tonight.
I finally got 45 minutes of sleep the following day after my three day zombie phase, and decided that it was time to get Dallin out of the house to go do something fun. What's fun you ask? Shopping of course at one of my favorite stores -- Target. We ended up getting a ton of Easter stuff that was 75% off and stocked up for next year, found some cute little toys for his "poopy reward box" -- yea, we are still working the potty training thing. Come H E double toothpicks he will be ready for preschool come fall! Anyhow, we are coming home and down the road we took there are two speed bumps you have to cross. He normally makes it a game and acts overly dramatic after going over one, cracks me up. I wonder where he got his dramatic flair from? Hmmm... We finished the first one and I said here's our last one, he replies "nope, I don't wanna go over the next one." I said, well this is the only to get home on the route we took so we have to go over it. He said nope... then he with a BIG DRAMATIC SIGH, he rolls his eyes and says... FINE! Oh, I couldn't stop laughing. So, here is my three year old sighing and rolling his eyes at me. I'm sure it will be one of many, many times I hear and see the same thing. The novelty, I'm sure will wear off by then, but that day. Priceless.
Okay, that's the end of this long wordy email without pictures. Next time pictures.
Oh man, that salad story was awesome!! I laughed out loud on that one! I'm so sorry you can't sleep. I can't function on anything less than 8 hours so you are my hero!!!
ReplyDelete