Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kids Are Funny

No photo's again, just a very funny story that brightened my day and made everything worthwhile.

Dallin shared with me what he had learned in school today during our play time together.  We normally draw, read, make-up stories (he is very good at this), or if weather is permitting go outside and play.  Today, it was cold and windy so we decided to stay inside and just play.  We did puzzles, continued our drawings, talked about our solar system, planets, etc.

Back to my first train of thought in this post.  For the next two weeks in school they are concentrating on farms and everything about farms. Today we were playing with his planes and decided to make them rockets and they had to land on each planet that we had previously drawn.  We would blast off from Earth and we had a satellite that would talk to Mission Control.  We did the 10 minus 5 and waiting for lift off!  He decided after a while that a rocket had to blast off and circle around all the planets and land on Earth, but particularly Texas.  After we coordinated our mission with Mission Control, got our flight path and landed on Texas.  He told me that there are farms in Texas and I asked him what are on farms?  What do they do?  Do they plant vegetables and harvest them then take to town to sell?  What else was on a farm?  What kind of animals? He then proceeded to tell me that there are cows on farms and that's where milk comes from. I said how?  He said (exact words):  You go up to the cow and squeeze their "thingy" as he pointed to his private parts and that is where you get the milk from.  By this time I am basically on the floor laughing so hard while trying to keep a straight face. He asked me what was so funny?  I replied:  Honey, I think you mean that you get the milk from the cow by milking them using their utters.  He goes, oh yea, right.

Oh, that just made my day -- took away all the "issues" of daily life in pain.  What joy this little man has brought into my heart.  I honestly think he is the true definition of love.  I cannot imagine a day where this little man makes me rethink my own life and how I react to things or situations.  Such a blessing!

I am so blessed... My son has a wonderful teacher in Mrs. Long, she has taught him so many things and continues to praise him daily.  I personally think teachers are truly placed on this Universe to open up a childs' mind to endless possibilities.  They are over worked, under paid and not praised enough for their devotion to our children.

Even though I know not many people read my blog for whatever reason. I just had to document this for myself and our son.

Dallin honey, you make me proud every single day.  Thank you for being such a sweet, kind, gentle, loving soul. I think Grandma Boo had a lot to do with sending you to me.

Binks my love!

Remember, nobody will love you more than your mom-mom.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment