Sunday, March 11, 2012

Challenge

A friend of our family is doing something inspiring and it has got me motivated. I know, shock and awe.  She is blogging about her quest for being healthier and stronger.  What amazes me is that I think she looks great, but it is not always about how others perceive us -- but rather what one feels or feels the need to change.  Her name is Jessica Toolson and you can read her blog http://ryanandjesstoolson.blogspot.com/ and see what I mean.  She is gorgeous, has a beautiful family, but yet wants to improve upon herself. So she is the definition of inspiring to me.

She is so courageous, she is posting her measurements, weight, etc.  But she is also including her workout's and has guests on her blog as well. She introduced me to one hundred pushup site, http://www.hundredpushups.com/ which is a blog all about push-up's and how to increase your strength.  Let me tell you that I took the test and didn't do too bad for an old lady. 

I plan on following her example and getting my body some well needed attention.  As long as my health allows, I will do my cardio, yoga/pilates, weights, etc.  I won't publish any photo's, not that courageous but will keep track of my progress.  Chart my fitness daily, meals, etc.  I remember what I looked like before we had our beautiful son, and would love to get back into feeling better about myself.  It's not about what I weigh, that is a pitfall for me, but rather how I feel in my clothes and if the exercise and diet changes affect my pain level. My hope is that some natural endorphins will kick in and will be able to live a better life for myself and my family.

I have to praise my loving husband, he is my rock.  Without his support daily I'm not sure I could take care of all that needs to be done by myself.  I have days where it is difficult to even walk and he has been there for me without hesitation.  So, honey I'm hoping to get back to where I could manage my pain better and lesson your load.  You do so much for our family, but especially for me.  I would be lost without you and our beautiful son. Thank you for being my husband and being an exceptional father to our son.  I'm truly blessed. Binks to my little man and big man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment