Just your typical school day event -- career day. I asked him what he wanted to be and he said an astronaut. So, I put my creative juices to work and this is what we came up with. I must say, his outfit turned out fairly decent for a craft challenged mom.
***You have to click on the photo's to see the detail we put into his costume. Might re-use this for Halloween, unless he wants to be something else?***
This is what we came up with. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. He was so excited to show off his rocket that we built together.
Had to show you what we did to the back of his shirt. We also printed out all the kids in his class and added each of their pictures to the rocket.
I know we are in for a lot of girls calling the house one day, he is a chick magnet!
Singing to the office staff and principal. His teacher was so amazing, wish we had her for his entire grade school years. Here's hoping next years teacher is just as devoted.
Class photo of everyone in their career day costumes. Some really adorable ones, I love the little girl on the far right hand side. Can you guess what she dressed as? A movie star... and she was posing like crazy. Too cute.
He had to explain his costume to the entire class and all the kids got to see their photo's on his rocket. His teacher did make a great comment... So, how come there aren't flames coming out of the rocket boosters? Little did she know I made some, but didn't have time to attach them. So funny, she laughed so hard when we explained how come there weren't any flames.
One other little comment about the "movie star" girl. When she was explaining her costume, the teacher said turn around Dallin's mom is the paparazzi. I cannot believe how fast his school year went by and how lazy I have been in blogging. Shame on me.
My little man is growing up way too fast for me! Binks my love.



What a great idea. Was that "MOM" written in the heart on the sleeve??? Too cute. Aunt Barb
ReplyDelete