Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Now That's What I'm Talking About

About a month ago or so we decided to hit up our local park that has Dallin's favorite thing in the world.  Trains...  The park is currently under construction, but with Dallin and that smile of his, somehow they let us in to ride the rails.  We were the only ones except for the Train Club which is independently owned but have a contract with the city to use this park.  It's a major hit when the park is open to the public, lines galore. But not our day, we just snuck right in and got to ride a ton of trains.  Which Dallin talked about for days!  Here are just a few pics we were able to capture.

Once the park opens up after their remodel, we may be celebrating Dallin's 6th birthday there in late October, if the construction is completed on time.  Keep your fingers crossed, he would have a blast.

On to the photo's...
Photo's are kinda hard to see, tried to get the train in the photo as well as the people.  You can double click on photo to enlarge.


He's the man, boy did he love this day.  He kept saying, again, again, again.  Poor guys who had to run these trains.  They actually run off of coal (HOT), and that day was probably close to 100 degrees outside.  Africa HOT.



Scott took this photo looking backwards as we all were on the train.  I apologize for my look, no make-up and one hour a sleep.  Who cares?  I'm just glad I got to see the smile on my son's face.  Makes up for all the other health crap I get to deal with. 



My turn with the camera, got one of the conductors in this shot.  It is such a cool park.  They are building three different train stations, and the track runs all through the park.  There are railroad crossings or as Dallin likes to call them "ting-ting's," intersecting track, tunnels.  Just amazing.



 Hey!  Was that a tunnel we just went through?  Yep -- sort of.  There are tracks on top of us for other trains to go over while we go under. SOOO cool.


They also had a full size caboose that is on blocks.  No one is really supposed to play on it, but guess who got to?  I think this kids has the goods to get away with anything.  I must have about six or seven shots of him trying to move the steering wheel and he is doing the hissing sound of the engine.  Adorable.

Let's hope they finish the park up in time for a birthday party.  Of course it will be a Train theme party with a train cake, or train cupcakes.  Should be fun.  If this park isn't ready, I have another train party we may be able to do.  I'll try to post other pictures of this excursion, he had so much fun.

Love you my little man, can't believe at the end of October you are going to be SIX?!?  Why?  Stop growing up.

Binks my little man!


Leave comments guys, I love to read them.  

1 comment: